East Side Story (Q Artistry's next QKID production opening on May 10th) features 12 young actors individually matched with 12 professional Indy actors in a mentoring style production process for a one act musical about friendship and discord on the east side of Indianapolis. The adult actors were asked to present the kid they're mentoring with 9 questions as part of our 9 QUESTIONS series and this is what happened:
9 Questions with
asked by Sara Williams.
1) How long have you been doing theatre?
2. What's your favorite thing about it?
All of the new friends that I meet and the environment, it feels like I am in one big family, all actors, so if you make a mistake, everyone understands because it's acting and everyone gets put in that situation at one point or an other. I also like to see how the show comes and fits together throughout the process.
3) When you're not involved in a theatre production, what kind
of hobbies do you enjoy?
I like playing outside, and playing a lot of sports. I also like writing stories and making random stuff out of duct tape.
4) If you could play a role in any movie of your choice, what movie
and role would it be?
I would play Smalls from The Sandlot. I like this role because of the way the character changes so much throughout the movie and faces so many obstacles with the help of all his friends. Plus, it's a baseball movie.
5) What's your favorite part of "East Side Story" so far?
I really like the opening number, especially the part where everyone swirls around each other and fits into their position for the first scene.
6) When did you first discover Q Artistry?
When I auditioned for the first Q show, Perry Haughter, which was about 4 years ago.
7) What's your favorite food?
I really don't have a favorite food, because I like a lot of foods, but if I had to pick, it would probably be a nice fresh grilled cheese dipped in tomato soup.
8) If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
I would be a griffin, because thats like 3 animals in one!
9) If there was an East Side Story sequel next year, how would you title it?
Fill in the blank: East Side Story 2, ____________________________ ?
East Side Story 2, the Return of the Grey Hairs!