East Side Story (Q Artistry's next QKID production opening on May 10th) features 12 young actors individually matched with 12 professional Indy actors in a mentoring style production process for a one act musical about friendship and discord on the east side of Indianapolis. The adult actors were asked to present the kid they're mentoring with 9 questions as part of our 9 QUESTIONS series and this is what happened:
9 Questions with
asked by Matt Campbell.
1) Since you are new to doing shows, what made you do the first one? And then keep coming back?!
I did my first show last year because I like acting and I thought it would be good for me in case I want to be an actor when I grow up. I had a great time with my first show and wanted to do more. I like the sounds effects, the costumes, and all that.
2. Which do you prefer, sports or theater? (I had this same question when I was your age asked of me by my parents)
Now that's a hard one. I like sports, but I think I like theater better right now.
3) So far, what is your favorite song in East Side Story?
Grow Up is my favorite song, because the kids sing it.
4) Do you have a favorite musical that you’ve listened to (or seen)? If so, what is it and which character would you want to play?
West Side Story! I would like to play the part of the leader of the Sharks.
5) What have you taken away from this experience that you might be able to use when you get older and become a minotaur, like me?
I have learned not to fight back when people are being mean or rude.
6) Do you have interests in other aspects of theater rather than just being a performer? Example: Running the light board, sounds, costumes, etc.
I am interested in running the lights and in costumes.
7) What is your favorite TV show theme song?
I don't really watch TV.
8) Coke or Pepsi?
If I had to choose, I'd do Pepsi. But I prefer Sprite.
9) Final question, do you have anything you want me to know about you?
My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Also, the name Isaac means "laughter" and I love to laugh! Finally, I like to play with Legos.